Years of Experience
Longest Amount of Days He Has Camped Out For Duke Tickets
- William & Mary School of Law (J.D., 2016, cum laude)
- Duke University (B.A., 2013)
- Virginia (2016)
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- The United States Court for the Western District of Virginia
- The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- The United States Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Secured reversal in the Supreme Court of Virginia of lower court’s premature dismissal of action brought by minor plaintiff against church. Doe v. Baker, Dkt. No. 200386 (Apr. 29, 2021), available at http://www.courts.state.va.us/opinions/opnscvwp/1200386.pdf.
- Successfully defended political party’s First Amendment right to choose their nominee before the Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. 6th Cong. Dist. Republican Comm. v. Alcorn, 913 F.3d 393 (4th Cir. 2019).
- Represented bankruptcy trustee in securing denial of motion to convert in one of the first cases considering conversion into newly created subchapter V of Bankruptcy Code. In re Wetter, 620 B.R. 243, 245 (Bankr. W.D. Va. 2020).
- Ensured a dental services corporation retained rights in key dental equipment after dental supply company brought action to lift stay and confiscate equipment. Patterson Dental Supply, Inc. v. Aesthetic Dentistry of Charlottesville, P.C., 622 B.R. 192 (W.D. Va. 2020).
- Fended off motion to dismiss suit brought by former employee of public school system that brought action against county school board and superintendent of schools, asserting claims under § 1983 for violation of due process and state law claims related to his termination. Socol v. Albemarle Cty. Sch. Bd., 399 F. Supp. 3d 523 (W.D. Va. 2019)
- Co-authored analysis essay on recent developments in Virginia election law, entitled Downfall of ‘Incumbent Protection’: Case Study and Implications and referenced at 54 U. RICH. L. REV. 243 (2019). An electronic copy of the publication is available here.
Non-OSHA Administrative Representations:
- Defeated challenge to limited brewery license awarded to newly constructed farm winery, and defended hearing officer’s verdict overruling challenges on appeal before the Alcohol Beverage and Control Board.
- Protected contractor’s license against forfeiture before the Virginia Department of Professoinal and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) Services.
- Assisted local business in navigating application process for Small, Women-owned, and Minority-owned Business (SWaM) certification and obtaining certification.
- Won dismissals of human rights and department of transportation whistleblower and retaliation complaints in jurisdictions including New York and Arkansas.
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Legal Elite (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Blue Ridge Legal Services Pro-Bono Recognition (2017)